Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Japanese Lessons

Ok.  So in high school, as I might have stated before, I took a Japanese class for 1 year using the Irasshai learning tools with a teacher named Tim Cook.  He was really good at teaching, but I hardly ever paid attention.  So I hardly retained much as the years went by.  However, just recently I entered a contest that would give me a free roundtrip to Japan and a five-day homestay in Tokyo.  For various reasons, I have a good chance of winning this contest, but I am self-conscious that I will probably win and then be thrust into Japan without knowing a useful scrap of Japanese.  So I started watching the Irasshai videos once again to learn Japanese.  I have already finished about 9 lessons, and have passed all of the tests.  Today I will do lessons 10 and 11. 

Hajimemashite.  Garcia Victoria desu.  Daigaku ni-nen-sei desu.  Hatachi desu.  Doozo yoroshiku onegaishimasu.

I wrote that without looking at my notes and then checked it to see what if I was right.  I was!  As I progress in Japanese, I will add to this conversation so you can see my progress.

The translation to the phrases above is:

Hello.  I'm Victoria Garcia.  I'm a second year university student.  I'm 20 years old.  Nice to meet you.

Today's lesson is: "What is it called?"  I'm gonna get my notebook and flash cards ready and study away!

No comments:

Post a Comment