Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Visual Novels I Never Finished

Okay, so my previous blog post was about the visual novels I've played an enjoyed.  This post is about the 2 games I've tried but never finished.

Kana: Little Sister
Okay, this one was one that I had read about as being one of the most controversial games created in Japan.  Upon playing it, I could disagree to some degree.  Of course, I never finished the game so I can't quite say for sure.  Someday, I would like to but there was a lot of things I didn't like about the game.  First, there was way to much hype that I read about and not enough to fulfill me when I actually played it.  Second, the game was pretty cheaply made.  It was simply pictures and text.  There were no sprites or music.  Then again, I didn't have the soundtrack mounted on the game so that may be why there was no music.  But to be frank, it wasn't the best visually.  Lastly, there wasn't much choices to interact with.  There might have been 2 or 3 in the 3 hours I've played it.  That's not enough for me.  The story had the potential to be a good game (it's about a boy falling in love with his sister who has renal insufficiency and is dying, go figure), but there was too much taking away from it.

Clannad
This game is one I just started.  I'm excited about it for the most part, but I'm not sure what it's about yet.  I'm not even sure if I'm playing a guy or a girl.  I'm pretty sure it's a guy though. I'm trying to set aside time to play this before I make a final decision on weather I like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment